The Children’s Pantry Starting August 2021
“Take what you need, Give what you can!”
What is a “Children’s Pantry”?
The FORK Children’s Pantry is a standalone nutritional resource designed to support two nutritional challenges. Firstly, to provide local educators and educational staff with an in-school ‘NOW” resource to aid hungry children during the school day. While at the same time each pantry will provide parents or guardians a year-round, 5-day a week, emergency access point for meal-time nutritional support of children from food insecure households.
The nutrition programs created and supported by Feed Our Rural Kids (FORK) are designed to fill gaps within the current nutrition support system.
FORK’s Children’s Pantry Program closes several such gaps.
- Timeliness: By providing children immediate support through simple Grab-n-Go food items, they will not need to suffer the distraction and discomfort of mid-day hunger stressors.
- Proximity: By having a Children’s Pantry in multiple communities the program can position its food support closer to the children whose families need this kind of support.
- Availability: By placing Children’s Pantries in community buildings which are open a greater number of hours a day/week, we can provide support at more convenient times of the day allowing families to access support closer to the actual time of need.
Current FORK Children’s Pantry locations:
- Eagle River Elementary School
- Land O’ Lakes Elementary School
- St Germain Elementary School
- Phelps School District Building
To learn more about how you can access support from the FORK Children’s Pantry in your community, please contact your local school district’s Pupil Services representative.
Support the The Children’s Pantry
Donate Via Mail
4887 Echo Ridge Drive
Eagle River, WI 54521