FORK’S Cash For Kids Fundraiser Runs Through Aug. 31 at Area Banks
For the second year in a row, all Eagle River financial institutions have come together in support of feeding children from food-insecure homes, according to Perry Pokrandt, president of Feed Our Rural Kids Inc. (FORK).
“This level of support and cooperation is truly unprecedented and surely appreciated by our organization,” said Pokrandt.
Throughout August, individuals can make their donations in support of five local nutritional support programs conveniently at any of these financial institutions: Great North Bank, BMO Harris, Associated Bank, Peoples State Bank, Nicolet National Bank, IncredibleBank, mBank and Ripco Credit Union.
The Cash for Kids fundraiser, ending Aug. 31, will provide financial support for five local food and nutrition programs:
• Formula Support Program: This program provides a one-time emergency grant of baby formula to families who run short from their Women Infants and Children (WIC) allocation.
• Meals Now: This program provides emergency nutritional support to children from families with fast changing levels of food security.
• FORK Cares: This program provides nutritional support to children during times when traditional food support is not available to them through their school setting.
• Jump Start: This program provides additional fruits and vegetables to children, birth to 4 years of age, from families that qualify for federal WIC benefits.
• Children’s Pantry: This new program provides a nutritional resource for educational staff, guardians and parents within the Eagle River, Land O’ Lakes, St. Germain and Phelps elementary school buildings.
“We appreciate that Eagle River’s financial institutions have supported this second annual Cash for Kids fundraiser. This type of collaboration between competitors sends a powerful message to the community about the importance of helping children from food-insecure homes,” explained Cash for Kids Chairman Keith Kentala. “These businesses and their employees stand out as models for our community. Their commitment to FORK’s cause shows us all that we are better together.”
Persons who would like to join this broad-based community effort can donate by cash or check at any of ?the Eagle River financial institutions listed above. Individuals also can donate online at feedourruralkids.org/cashforkids.
Checks to fund local food support programs can be mailed to Cash for Kids, 4887 Echo Ridge Drive, Eagle River, WI 54521.
FORK is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.